Something Greater Than Yourself
Something Greater Than Yourself is the topic but I’m going to preface it with some facts on why the left lost. I wrote a short post on Facebook yesterday about this topic and it led me to the current topic that I’m going to discuss. I will link to it in the notes below so you can take a look at it. I will also link to the article that sparked my interest in writing that post. It was an article in the Washington Post dated November 10, 2016 entitled, “The decimation of the Democratic party, visualized”.
While not affiliated with any political party, I’m going to talk politics often at least for the next 4 to 8 years as there truly is a movement taking place to “right the ship” and there will be mistakes made along the way. There will be a need for the wisdom of others in this effort. No one person will be correct 100% of the time. Get on the Trump Train and bring your voice to the table. I know the left doesn’t think so, but there will be plenty of opportunity to get their goals accomplished. They will just need to be willing to step outside the bounds of the current affiliation to a party that has destroyed itself. Lefties, you need to be willing to come up with your own ideas about how to resolve the problems. And know that these ideas will likely not be accepted by your current party. Let go of the need to take stuff from other people to accomplish your goals.
And that brings me back to the article I commented and posted about yesterday. This article, again linked in the show notes, “the decimation of the Democratic Party, visualized” is a fantastic image of where we were politically in 2009 and where we ended up after the elections of November 2016 in terms of representation by the two dominant parties. You’ll want to read the article and look at the graphs for the full effect but I’ll give just a few highlights here.
The visual charts are for:
Party splits in legislative bodies which is divided into
- State legislators
- US House of Representatives
- The US Senate
- States with one-party legislative control. That is the state of Nebraska with no Senate.
There is a lot of material written about the movements from one party to another in the article but here are the numbers from the final chart which is a line chart of the percentage of change in number of democrats in legislative positions since 2008. Ready? I actually went to their source for some of the information. Link in the show notes but it is ballotpedia.org.
- The US senate had an almost +20% majority in 2009 and then by the end of 2016 dropped to -10.2%. So, that is a 30% drop in democrat representation in the US Senate.
- The US House data indicates a drop in number of democrats serving there of nearly 30%. Nearly 30% of democrats were voted out by the people of the US and the media thinks it is Russia’s fault. In 2009 the democratic party had a +10% majority in the number of democrats serving in the US House of Representatives. In 2016 they had -19.3 % or a +19.3% majority of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
- In states legislatures, in 2009 the democrats are just barely above the 50/50 mark and finishing at -20.3% Not quite are large a drop there but still very, very significant. 86 of the 99 house legislative bodies were up for grabs in 2016.
- The final piece is the data on governors of the individual states. According to the New York Times article published December 9th 2008 following the election the Democrats held 29 states to 21 for the Republicans. There were no independents. The Democrats have now lost 14 governorships over the last 8 years. Republicans will now reside in 33 state governors’ mansions. That’s 33 out of 50. Not seen since 1922.
Here’s a quote from an article published by publicintegrity.org on the 9th of November 2016. Headline: “GOP dominates Democrats in governors’ races. Republicans pick up seats despite being outspent.” And the first paragraph. “Despite an aggressive financial push from Democrats, Republicans cemented their dominance of the nation’s governors’ mansions in elections Tuesday, ending the night with their highest number of governorships since 1922.”
I almost forgot the total democratic seats lost in the states over the last 8 years is 958. Yes, 958 seats in various state legislatures have turned their backs on the democratic agenda. Apparently, the presiding political party in the White House traditionally loses seats in the various states, except for Reagan who showed a net gain in state representation. But even so, 958 is unprecedented. Eisenhower net loss was 843. Nixon net loss was 800. Bill Clinton’s net loss was 524. Kennedy/Johnson net loss was 437. You get the picture? 400, 500, losses of previous democrat presidents. 800 and 843 from during previous Republican terms. But 958 for the Obama administration.
So how did this happen?
Well, if you listen to CNN, NBC, ABC and so on, they will give you the impression that it hasn’t happened. According to them, they speak for what the majority of American people want and that majority wanted a third term of Obama via Hillary Clinton. They will further instruct you that it was Russian interference in US elections that caused Hillary Clinton to lose.
These actual facts and numbers I just presented seem to be completely absent from the media consciousness. I cannot help but conclude that those that work in the media are delusional at best. And these are the people that say we must rely on them for our information. It’s madness.
There is a presentation by Stefan Molyneux on McCarthyism (see link below) that discloses the facts about that particular witch hunt. And after listening to the whole thing, I’ve come to the conclusion that the witch hunt was actually against McCarthy, not the other way around. McCarthy had a vision of something greater than yourself.
The left want to undermine the Trump administration’s efforts to make peace around the world, starting with Russia. They will hound many legislators and try to destroy their reputations just as McCarthy was said to have done, though the data does not support that he actually did. It was another of those media blitzes to create a fake image of a person. Just like they did during the Trump campaign.
Look for the next step of the left to be full-fledged McCarthyism-style dogging by the media – a witch hunt of epic proportions – of anyone and everyone associated with the Trump administration.
- January 15 Facebook Post
- Washington Post story: The decimation of the Democratic Party, visualized
- Stefan Molyneux – The Truth About McCarthyism